Tuesday, May 19, 2009

An update

Sorry it has been so long since I've updated here. My family is finally healthy again. My DS is fully recovered from his bout with pnemonia and is back to being himself. My DD still has her hacky-wacky-barky cough but is getting much better. My DGD did get slightly sick but only for about 3 days. She is her happy, playful self again. I doubled up on my vitamin C and was able to avoid any sickness. (knocking on wood) So far so good.

We had a great weekend here in Wisconsin. Saturday was sort of blustery with the wind but Sunday was GORGEOUS!!! I spent the morning with DD and DGD then we went to visit my sister and BIL. We had dinner with them and talked for hours. My sister is a very good cook so we were excited to see what she had come up with. She made a yummy pasta salad with crab meat, baked beans, corn on the cob (frozen from last year, it was very tasty), watermelon and BIL grilled burgers and hot dogs. Everything was terrific. Dessert was a cherry pie filling, whipped cream and angel food cake. So yummy. My sister didn't disappoint us. We were so full when we left. All in all it was a great day.

Yesterday, Monday, I took my mom and her dog down to my sister's house in Madison. My mom had an eye doctor appointment today, Tuesday, and my sister drives her. Mom always goes down the day before and stays for a few days. I had a good visit and lunch with my sister before returning home. My sister gave me my first piece of 18 ct linen and a piece of 18 ct evenweave. I am looking forward to trying these out. In exchange I gave her a 1 yd piece of Vietnamese silk in a beautiful iridesent(spelling) orange that in the right light changes to red. My sister quilts and wants to make a quilt with koy fish on it. The silk I gave her is perfect for that. I still have another yard of the silk. I found the 2 yard piece in an old army trunk. I have had it for years and never knew what to do with it. I'm glad my sister can now put it to good use.

Today, Tuesday, my SIL and BIL are coming to make an oriental supper for us so when I am done here I will have to get to work cleaning. Just the basic cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping, dishes, that kind of stuff. I am hoping to get it all done and still have time to stitch a while before they come.

So, ta-ta for now and happy stitching to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment