Monday, July 20, 2009

several finishes

I have finally finished one larger project. My Snad Castle is now finished!! I am so happy to finish a project as big as that. I know it doesn't seem too big but for me it was.


I also finished a few small finishes. My second no-sew cube for the baby boy shower on Saturday and the baby girl pillow also for the shower on Saturday.









Here is a picture of the graduation picture I did for my great niece. She loved it when I gave it to her on Sunday.

I have had a very busy week and weekend. My DD and I worked very hard getting read for the double baby shower and our annual family picnic. We compiled a family cookbook of all the favorite family recipes from all the family members, typed them up and created a beautiful cookbook that the family really enjoyed. We also came up with a few games for the 8 kids. We put together a scavenger hunt at the park where the picnic was. What fun that was. We gave the teams 10 minutes to get 15 things. The winning team took 6 minutes and 14 seconds to get all 15 items. The other teams all came in at about 8 minutes each. We had enough "prizes" for everyone to get something but the winning team got to pick first. Gabbie was helped by the graduation girl and her boyfriend so they did win but everyone had a great time and nobody was complaining about who won. It was really interesting to see what the teams came up with for some of the items needed. And then we got the pinata out. We were having a great time then the end of the whacking stick came off and the stick hit one of the watchers. She was able to walk but the wound bled for a while and her cousins had to gather her share of the goodies inside. She recovered quickly and continued with the fun.
After everything was done we had all had a great time, ate some great food and had alot of fun catcing up with each other. My niece did take some pictures that I will share when I get them. (I forgot my camera at home, too much other stuff to remember.) So we came home and I sat in my chair with my feet up and watched a movie. I didn't stitch a single stitch all weekend. I hope I will find some time today to put a few stitches in my Boink project.
So, off I go to clean up the kitchen and then to my stitching corner. Have a Happy Stitching Week!

9 comments:

  1. Your finishes are awesome and I know the baby gifts will be treasured for years to come.

    The picnic sounds like it was just too much fun. I really miss being able to attend the family reunion picnics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picknic ideas, glad you had a goodtime. Cute finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Gabi!
    I love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great time was had by all, Cyndi! You're finishes are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finishes are fabulous! Sand Castle is gorgeous. And I love both your cube finishes. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo - what beautiful finishes! You sound as if you have been busy, busy, busy. Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finish! Aren't the cubes a great way to finish things? I just did another one too! I'm sure your gifts will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The castle looks great! What an accomplishment- congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sand castle! The waves look so real. Where did you find that pattern?

    ReplyDelete